Please share this, or at least share the message. I’m not after page hits – I simply want people more aware of the consequences of their actions. Thank you.
A cold shiver shot down my back as I read THIS.
When I said something like this would happen (when I wrote THIS), I wasn’t trying to be clever. I thought it was obvious that something like this would happen.
Looks like it wasn’t obvious enough to a huge number of ignorant vigilante scum.
I don’t feel smug or righteous about saying something like this would happen. I feel disgusted that I wasn’t proved wrong. I’m not surprised or shocked that it happened… and that scares me.
I’d rather be shocked that people would do this, than not shocked because of the inevitability of it happening.
Maybe people will listen and think next time.
I hope there isn’t a next time though.
Let’s set a few rules though… Just in case:
Even if you think you are helping, please just leave it to the experts, and if you must share pictures of crime suspects etc, please just use official released pictures & LINK THEM TO THE POLICE PAGE that originally posted them.
If you really want to help (and it’s really very good that you, or anyone, does), then the best course of action is:
1. If you post a photo, make sure it is an official one from law enforcement sources.
2. Post a link back to the original website, so that people can go there to see what they should do if they know or see the person (it will have contact details & hotline numbers). It also helps people verify what you are posting.
1. Don’t be ambiguous or leading with your information, or lack thereof. If possible, quote direct from the law enforcement website.
2. Don’t post photos without official source back up.
3. Don’t post theories or information that could waste police time. Keep to the facts.
Finally… and yes, I think I have to say this…
4. Don’t take the law into your own hands and perform vigilante ‘justice’.
GOD & SON
FACEBOOK & TWITTER