Seriously, if it isn’t attention whores posting fake pictures of random children from Google image searches, with a caption saying ‘Killed in the Boston Bombing ~ LIKE this to send a prayer‘, then it’s people circulating pictures of people who may or may not have anything to do with the bombing… but look potentially suspicious… which is crazy, because thousands of Americans want justice, and it only takes a few to get the wrong idea to start carrying out revenge justice on innocent people, just because they look similar to a photo of someone who may or may not have been in Boston that day….
Sure, only a really small ‘insignificant‘ percent might want instant justice… Not even 1 person in 100…. let’s say 1 in every 200… 0.5%…. but multiply that by ‘The Internet‘ and once 100,000 people see that picture, that 0.5% becomes 500 people… and the insignificant mob becomes a dangerous vigilante army…
So, please check your sources & don’t spread bullshit on the net. It only ends up causing delays and reducing the resources the investigators have, by causing them to follow false leads or break up mobs.
You think people like that don’t exist? You think there aren’t people so stupid as to act without thinking it through properly?
So, even if you think you are helping, please just leave it to the experts, and if you must share pictures of suspects etc, please just use official released pictures & LINK THEM TO THE POLICE PAGE that originally posted them.
So… If you really want to help (and it’s really very good that you, or anyone, does), then the best course of action is:
1. If you post a photo, make sure it is an official one from law enforcement sources.
2. Post a link back to the original website, so that people can go there to see what they should do if they know or see the person (it will have contact details & hotline numbers). It also helps people verify what you are posting.
1. Don’t be ambiguous or leading with your information, or lack thereof. If possible, quote direct from the law enforcement website.
2. Don’t post photos without official source back up.
3. Don’t post theories or information that could waste police time. Keep to the facts.
GOD & SON on FACEBOOK & TWITTER